After years of work and effort, Esseeds presents Loei, the first variety of Crotalaria Juncea focused as its main use for animal feed.
It stands out for its rapid establishment (48-72 h) and its rapid growth. These qualities make it compete against the weed very effectively, since its rapid growth causes shade and makes the weeds not have an ideal qualities for its propagation.
Loei has a short vegetative cycle of 7 to 9 weeks in which we can obtain a crop of up to 2.10 m in height.
It should be noted its nutritional quality, Loei belongs to the family of legumes so it highlights its high percentages in protein, but it should also be noted its high percentages of energy, since it has excellent values in sugars, finally its values in fiber make it have a very complete nutritional table, providing all the necessary values for an animal to produce milk or meat.
Due to its large size and high plant production capacity of up to 15 tonnes of dry matter per hectare (up to 60 tonnes of wet matter), it is recommended for silage production.
We must emphasize that their needs both hydrated and fertilizer are very low, in reference to their irrigation needs are varying depending on the quality and texture of the soils and as for the contribution of fertilized fertilizers indicate that it does not have high demand in general, only advising a contribution of mineral fertilizer rich in the three macroelements in pre-sowing.
- Low water demand
- Low fertilization demand
- Quick establishment
- Excellent nutritional quality
- Short vegetative cycle
- Large dry matter production
Scientific name of the species
Common name of the species
Annual, from 8 to 10 weeks
1,8 - 2,10 m
Deep, well drained. Sandy, silty and loamy loam
Medium - high
Does not tolerate
Total dry matter production/ ha
8,000 - 12,000 kg of dry matter / ha
From the beginning of the hot season
30 - 40 kg / ha
Implementation of Loei
Preparation of the land
The preparation of the soil must be carried out in order to promote a good establishment of the crops, being used appropriate equipment in the correct period, considering that the preparation of the soil is one of the most important aspects for the birth. You must get a loose soil which will allow us to have the right planting depth.
Sowing and establishment
Data to take into account is the planting surface, the correct surface is 1 cm. deep in the ground.
- The use of compactor curl in sandy soils improves the quality of planting based on the uniform acceleration of seed germination (not recommended for clay soils).
- It can be sown in direct sowing obtaining excellent results.
The establishment must occur when the luminosity and temperature are adequate for germination.
It usually coincides with minimum temperatures above 10 degrees Celsius.
Water is necessary for germination to occur.
When seeds are hydrated with soil moisture, they absorb water. It is the initial process of germination.
- Germination irrigation, of the amount necessary to make the moisture in the soil homogeneous, taking into account the climatic factors (wind, the type and texture of the soil, orography of the terrain). Fournir suffisamment d’eau pour rassembler l’humidité dans le sol, en utilisant un volume d’eau élevé pour éviter les problèmes de “cuisson” de la graine dus aux températures élevées à la date de plantation, en évitant toujours l’engorgement.
- Subsequent irrigations: taking into account the climatic factors (wind, the type and texture of the soil, orography of the terrain) must be carried out at the request of the plant, the symptoms of irrigation needs are flaccidity and decay of the leaves.
- The water needs of the plant are increasing according to the growth of the plant, having to provide more water as the plant grows.
- In a first stage (still small plant) the plant does not tolerate an excess of water correctly.
Irrigation on foot or flooding
- First irrigation germination, with this type of irrigation takes even more importance the use of the roller compactor to avoid the possible dragging of the seed (provided that the texture of the soil allows us).
- Second half-cycle irrigation: it should be provided when the crop is in the middle of the cycle. However, as we indicated in sprinkler we must analyze the water need of the plant, being able to advance or delay irrigation at the request of the crop.
Forage use management:
the percentage of flowering of the plant will be directly linked to the
percentage of hay protein. With a percentage of flowering low your protein percentages will be high. The hay must be made with the necessary moisture to maintain the highest quality, the quality is subject to the protection and safeguarding of the leaf.
Crescent Sunn is one of the Fabaceae families which implies that it is classified as a broadleaf crop.
Narrow leaf weed control: Narrow leaf weed control can be done in pre-sowing or post-planting using any selective herbicide we find on the market.
Control of broadleaf weeds: this crop is a broadleaf crop we must take many precautions when choosing the herbicide to combat broadleaf. Exclusively as a tested herbicide we can recommend in pre-emergency Pendimetaline 45.5% at a dose of 2 liters hectare. The correct application must be carried out
With the seed established in the soil and after its application carry out an irrigation for its perfect action.
It should be noted that Crotalaria juncea is one of the families of legumes so it carries intrinsic its nitrogen fixation capacity in soil, an action it performs by capturing CO2 from the atmosphere and transforming it into nitrogen by fixing it by the nodules of its roots,
to do this action we must inoculate the seeds with Bradyrhizobium. Nitrogen fixation such as the contribution of organic matter and the reduction of the nematode population in the soil are its main characteristics that make Crescent Sunn an international reference green manure.
In its forage use, where the purpose is to get the highest possible yield to obtain the highest productions the fertilizer as in all crops is a basis to take into account.
Advisable fertilizers: the levels of phosphorus, nitrogen and potash must be maintained in their optimal state since they are macro elements that are linked to the growth of plant species. Fertilizers not very rich in nitrogen and high in phosphorus and potash are advised.
Crescent Sunn can be sensitive to the plague of insects such as gardama, donut or polyphagous insects, if these were present in the crop we must treat with an insecticide containing pyrethrin, a systematic insecticide that can usually be found in stores.
- Responsible: Efecto Soluciones S.L.
- Purpose of the collection and processing of personal data: to manage the request you make in this contact form.
- Rights: You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, limitation and deletion of the data in firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as the right to file a claim with a control authority.