Use of green manure
- Water and wind erosion control
- Weed control
- Increased soil macro and micro porosity
- Control of fungal soil attacks
- Population control of different types of nematode family
- Large fixation of U.F. of Nitrogen, in addition to P and K
- Incorporation of fast mineralizing organic matter
- Increase in auxiliary fauna
- Short cycle (ideal as a second crop)
- Outstanding percentage of proteins
- High percentage of energy
- Use for both hay and silo
- High palatability
- High in vitro digestibility
- Making a forage use also performs soil improvement
Scientific name of the species
Common name of the species
Annual, 6 to 8 weeks
1.2 - 1.8 m
Deep, well drained. Sandy, silty and loamy loam
Medium - high
Tolerance to engorgement
Does not tolerate
Total dry matter production/ ha
5,000 - 7,000 kg of dry matter / ha
From the beginning of the hot season
30 - 40 kg / ha
Use as cover crops and forage production
Implementation of Crescent Sunn
Preparation of the land
Sowing and establishment
- The use of compactor curl in sandy soils improves the quality of planting based on the uniform acceleration of seed germination (not recommended for clay soils).
- It can be sown in direct sowing obtaining excellent results.
- Germination irrigation, of the amount necessary to make the moisture in the soil homogeneous, taking into account the climatic factors (wind, the type and texture of the soil, orography of the terrain). Provide enough water to gather moisture in the soil using a high volume of water to avoid having a problem of “cocion” of the seed due to the high temperatures existing on the date of implantation, always avoiding waterlogging.
- Subsequent irrigations: taking into account the climatic factors (wind, the type and texture of the soil, orography of the terrain) must be carried out at the request of the plant, the symptoms of irrigation needs are flaccidity and decay of the leaves.
- The water needs of the plant are increasing according to the growth of the plant, having to provide more water as the plant grows.
- In a first stage (still small plant) the plant does not tolerate an excess of water correctly.
Irrigation on foot or flooding
- First irrigation germination, with this type of irrigation takes even more importance the use of the roller compactor to avoid the possible dragging of the seed (provided that the texture of the soil allows us).
- Second half-cycle irrigation: it should be provided when the crop is in the middle of the cycle. However, as we indicated in sprinkler we must analyze the water need of the plant, being able to advance or delay irrigation at the request of the crop.
Management use of green or fodder fertilizer
It must be incorporated into the soil during week 7 or 8 from planting, for the incorporation of organic matter not excessively fibrous and thus achieve its rapid mineralization. It is advisable to use it together with the inoculant seed to enhance its nitrogen fixation action.
Crescent Sunn is one of the Fabaceae families which implies that it is classified as a broadleaf crop.
Narrow leaf weed control: Narrow leaf weed control can be done in pre-sowing or post-planting using any selective herbicide we find on the market.
Control of broadleaf weeds: this crop is a broadleaf crop we must take many precautions when choosing the herbicide to combat broadleaf. Exclusively as a tested herbicide we can recommend in pre-emergency Pendimetaline 45.5% at a dose of 2 liters hectare. The correct application must be carried out with the seed established in the soil and after its application perform an irrigation for its perfect action.
- Responsible: Efecto Soluciones S.L.
- Purpose of the collection and processing of personal data: to manage the request you make in this contact form.
- Rights: You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, limitation and deletion of the data in email@example.com, as well as the right to file a claim with a control authority.