Siambasa Grass® belongs to the family of grasses,more specifically to the species Panicum Maximum,with which we achieve an excellent relationship between production and quality. It is an excellent alternative both in the agricultural and livestock sector since it combines one great forage yield with a excellent nutritional quality,reaching high protein values and excellent percentages of fiber, energy and digestibility.
Another fact to take into account is its easy handling since we can pack in hours of high temperatures without prejudice to losing quality due to leaf fall. Pasto Siambasa is a crop that in its conformation has an 80% leaf, can be used both for hay, silage or direct grazing.
Pasto Siambasa the fodder of champions.
- High forage yields
- Very rustic plant
- Salinity tolerance
- Resistance to pests and diseases
- Excellent stem-to-leaf ratio up to 80% leaves
- In vitro digestibility up to 80%
- Protein content of 14% – 16%
- Use for hay, silo and grazing
Scientific name of the species
Panicum Maximun Mombasa
Common name of the species
According to production areas (annual or multiannual up to 6 years)
Erect and godson
1.2 - 1.6 mt
Deep, well drained. Sandy franc, frank and loamy loam
Tolerance to waterlogging
Does not tolerate
Total dry matter production/ha
18,000 - 24,000 kg of Dry Matter /ha
Does not possess
Since the beginning of the warm season
Depth of planting
Implantation of Pasto Siambasa
Preparation of the land
Sowing and establishment
- It is important to always cover all the seeds in the sowing, to avoid that they when they are on the surface of the soil do not dehydrate depending on the high temperatures. Use of the compactor roller that improves the quality of the sowing according to the uniform acceleration of the germination of the seeds.
- For excessively sandy soils we recommend the use of the compactor roller before and after planting.
For the control of broadleaf we will use in post emergency we will use a combination of two herbicides in a single treatment from 30 days of crops, in case of much premature invasion of weeds the treatment can be advanced from 3 leaves. The active substances would be:
Fluroxipir + sulfonylureas (tribenuron methyl, tifensulfuron methyl, etc.)
- Responsible: Efecto Soluciones S.L.
- Purpose of the collection and processing of personal data: to manage the request you make in this contact form.
- Rights: You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, limitation and deletion of the data in email@example.com, as well as the right to file a claim with a control authority.